Saturday 30 September 2006

book meme

One book that changed your life: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. This book taught me to enjoy every moment of your life. Do not take life for granted
One book you read more than once: the oxford english dictionary- i read that one all the time and seem to go over the same spots over and over again
One book you want on a desert island: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. This book is so dense and full of detail it could take me a long while to read and there is so much to think about it would keep me occupied for a while!
One book that made you cry: The Girls by Lori Lansens. The story of conjoined twins who overcome huge obstacles and live suprisingly seperate lives despite never leaving each others side.
One book that made you laugh: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I love this trashy sort of book- i especially laugh because I don't know how anyone could get into so much financial trouble by shopping!! I mean have some self control!!!
One book you wish would have been written: 10 easy steps to get rid of a psycho Brazillian lover.
One book you wish had never been written:I'll have to copy Jill on this one. After 10 failed attempts at read Moby Dick I finally gave the darn book to Goodwill,
One book you are currently (re)reading (again & again): The Yale Child Centre Guide to Understanding your Child.
One book you have been meaning to read: The History of the Future by Gavin Kanowitz. I feel really guilty that my husband spent ryears and years writing this book and I have yet to read it...okay maybe i'll start right now.
I am not going to tag anyone...nobody who hasn't already done this reads my pathetic blog anyway

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 am

    Thanx for responding. Pillars of the Earth is a great book, I have always loved it.

    I am listening to "Shopaholic and Sister" right now. I love it. I have shopped too much and can see how someone could get into trouble shopping (not nearly as much as her though)...everyone has thier disfunction, ya know??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillars of the Earth is one of my favorite books too. I enjoy Ken Follett's books.

    It was neat to see your choice of books! Is your hubby's book in bookstores everywhere? My hubby and I would be interested in reading it!!! :)

    xoxo moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill- i know shopping is a passion of yours but the lengths she takes in the book to avoid paying her debt is unbelievable(of course it's not meant to be)

    Chrissy- Gavin's books are available on amazon.com plus he is having a book signing at Chapters at Yonge and Steeles on October 14

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...