Wednesday 1 June 2011

June 1st, new month, new goals

I have found myself going back to some of my old (bad) habits lately. It is so easy to slip back to being a couch potato and not exercise, eat crap and (pretend to) not care about it at all. Deep down I know I love exercising and when I get off my arse and actually do it I feel great about it. So since I have a day off work and nowhere to be till 10 am I am going to take this opportunity to Just Do It and head out for a run.
I was apprehensive about running because my toes/feet always go numb when I walk/run but after talking to my chiropractor about it she suggested taping my feet with athletic tape so that is what I've been doing and amazingly she knows what she is talking about-it has actually been helping. The problem wasn't what I thought it was but a symptom of dropped arches. My feet are pretty much completely flat and that is what has been causing me all this pain! SO once I get fitted for orthotics and wear them regularly I can run to my heart content without pain (I hope) for now I'm off for a run tape in hand on feet.
I'll let ya'll know how it fairs!
POST RUN UPDATE
It is a hot one today and I was really really fighting to run and not walk. I did have to stop and tie my shoelace near the end and walked a bit then. I managed to run almost 3km and did it in 25 minutes. I think if the ear buds from the ipod would stop falling out of my ears and it wasn't so hot out I could have gone a little bit longer and made it to a full 3km today. I'll try again 2 days from now (don't want to push it right away)
I have been thinking about running in the mornings since I'm up at 6am with the kids anyway but doubt that would actually work. They are up and therefore they need me around at that hour...can't just up and run-then come home to get ready afterwards. I will just have to take morning runs on the days I'm home and they are not! otherwise evenings it will have to be!  I'm just glad I finally did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...