Wednesday 15 August 2007

my newest toy...


I have less time than ever to get ready in the mornings so i have taken to showering before bed and just straightening my hair in the morning. This saves me a good 30 minutes as a 10 minute shower and 20 minutes blow drying my hair are unavoidable.
I asked around, read some reviews, checked out prices and decided to try my luck at getting this CHI on ebay. My first 3 or 4 attempts at bidding failed as i was outbid by an average of $2!!! SOO I finally managed to start bidding about 2 minutes before the auction ended and won!!!
So far I am not ecstatic about the CHI. I tried it before bed and got reasonable results. I used it again in the morning and the results were a little better. I just don't see how this thing could straighten really curly hair or if it does work to do this it would take a really long time! I thought, given the great reviews of this CHI, that I would have stick straight smooth hair in just moments- i didn't! I had to pull my hair through peice by peice about 2-3 times before it was straight enough for my liking. It took me way longer to achieve the look I wanted than i had expected. Perhaps my expectations were just too unrealistic...
I'll try using more and see if I just need to get the hang of it or if it really isn't just as good as my old Conair flat iron...

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 pm

    Wow, that's odd. I have had 2 CHIs and loved them. They strightn my hair perfectly in one pull through...and my hair is naturally curlier than yours is (now anyways) though yours is thicker.

    Are you letting it heat up a while? I know it gets hot quickly, but it does work better th ehotter it gets. Also, are you using some type of heat protection flatiron spray? Not only does it protect your hair, I also find it makes it strighter.

    Your old Cnair was form me...IME the CHI is far superior. Straighterns way faster...and lasts all day. I have friends/cowerkers with super curly hair and it is good for them too. I even brought it in once and strightened a co-workers curly hair, it did a great job, fast.

    I hope you didn't get a dud. You should try mine sometime, to compare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 pm

    PS sorry for the bad typing..I am in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 pm

    P.S.

    The heat spray I use is "Turn Up The Heat", at Sally's (there is one at Bayview and 7). It is cheap and works great...smells great too.

    Also, make sure you are running it oer each piece of hair slowly. Don't stop, but dont zip it through either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 am

    maybe that was the problem- i wasn't going slow enough- in my typical style i was rushing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:31 pm

    I counted today, It takes me a count of 5 to get to the bottom of each piece...and my hiar is much shorted than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:06 pm

    yeah.,..after trying it again and taking the time to do each piece slowly i actually got really nice results! Thanks for the tip Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:50 pm

    No problem, can't wait to see!

    The best part isn't even how great the results are, but how they last. I have had other irons that straightened as well (or close to it)...but by the end of the day my hair was frizzy and waves were returning (earlier if it was humid). With the CHI, it stays the way you style it all day!! I don't even carry a comb anymore, as the most I ever need to do is finger fluff my hair to add some volume!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...