Wednesday 13 September 2017

Decluttering

I am on a mission. My plan is to work feverishly to declutter my life. Not only getting rid of things and unnecessary objects but also to  cleanse my soul. It is so easy to get caught up in the mundane and the drama of gossip and other peoples worries but honestly how does that help one live the life they need to live??? to be the best person I can be!
Getting rid of stuff is easy, I have recently made a promise to myself not to buy anything new and not absolutely necessary. I realized that most people don't notice when you are wearing something new nor does buying "things" make me a happier person. I would prefer to save my purchases for things for my family, nobody cares if I wear the same dress to 3 or 4 different bat or bat mitzvah parties, nor do they judge me if they do notice (and honestly if a person is the type to notice and judge they aren't the type of person I care to associate with anyway!!)
Part of my personal challenge is to actually wear each piece of clothing in my closet at least once before wearing something again. (easier to do this tops but I have to work out the kinks in my challenge anyway)
I have also committed to get rid of 7 items from around the house every day. It's amazing how easy it is to throw things away when I have a goal to declutter .
as for declutting my soul that is a whole other story. Not the easiest task. Firstly it really takes a lot of inner searching to determine what type of person I want to be. I can say that of course I want to be a happy, and easy going but sometimes those things don't come easily and need to be aspired to slowly. First part of doing this is to really decide what makes me happy. I personally love things around me to be clean and fluid. Not cluttered and full of trash, being in this clean environment really helps make and keep me happy. Doing simple and fun things with my family makes me happy, walks in the park, relaxing family vacations and just watching my family enjoy one another without fighting and clutter!
Easy going is a hard one, I would like to think that I just let things slide easily but this isn't always the case. Sometimes the actions of others really bother me but most times I won't bother to say a thing. I want to just enjoy my children while they still want me around and not be bothered when they get embarrassed. I know the time is coming when they won't even want me to walk them to school, never mind kiss me good-bye in front of their friends! (my son is already there but will still walk to school with me part way) I find it very hard to be easy going about mess and because I want my house to be a certain standard of clean I have to work hard to get it there when things get in the way of keeping up my standards I have to try and relax about it.- will look for methods of doing this with a  little more success!
Overall I have been working very hard at reaching my goal. I have started on my house and also my personal relationships things seems to be going well so far... can't wait to see where things go from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...