Wednesday 2 May 2007

a few life essentials

After running into Jill at the drugstore this morning I started thinking about some of my "can't live without" essentials

My new favourite accessory, the headband. Since I now shower in the evenings in order to enjoy a long luxurious baby-free time to myself it is hard to get my hair to look good in the mornings. I can just pull my hair back in one of my many headbands, put on a little makeup and off i go...no more fussing with a flat iron, gunky gel or tonnes of hairspray. I just brush through my bed head hair, headband and i'm done!!

Olay essentials daily moisturiser. It is a cream and sunscreen all in one. Love it!!

Baby oil. I use it after the shower, all over, especially on my extremely dry feet. I find it works better than any moisterizer I have tried and smells nice too! If my feet are really dry and cracked I put baby oil and vaseline on and then cover my feet with socks. My feet are nice and soft in the morning.

Activia yogut. I have done the ACTIVIA CHALLENGE and I have to say it really really worked for me!! My digestive system has been a little screwy over the past 10 years or so and now that I eat one of these a day I feel amazing!! No more bloating, a lot less discomfort. I highly reccomend it!

Tylenol cold medicine. I have been sniffling and sneezing with a sore throat for a few days now. I wake up in the morning feeling awful, pop a day time relief Tylenol and I feel better the whole day. Same goes for the night time relief pills. I double my dose to two pills for night time and voila, i am able to sleep, my sniffles go away and I don't feel the scratch in my throat until morning!

Cheerios. This is more something i have on hand to keep my headaches to a minimum. My little guy loves them and they can keep him quiet and entertained for a good hour at a time!! Just pour some on his tray and I can actually clean the whole kitchen while he pops them in his mouth!! Yeah for General Mills Cheerios!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dina! That is soooooooo funny! I also use Olay Essentials Daily Moisturizer. Oh, and baby oil. I'm a baby oil snob though and will only use Johnson and Johnson's baby oil or lotion. I also use vaseline on my cracked feet and cover with socks.

    My mother-in-law is doing the Activia Challenge. I've been eating Yoplait Silhouette, but may just try the Activia now that you've also recommended it.

    Finally, Cheerios is our cereal of choice. Hubby loves a bowl of cheerios in the morning before heading out to work.

    So cute that little Elie loves Cheerios!!! What a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't mind which brand of BO i use. I have life brand and Johnson's, both work equally as well.

    i don't like Cheerios personally but Elie loves them. All the babies do.

    Good to hear from you Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 pm

    Great seeing you this morning.
    I am totally gonna try the activia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i like the prune flavour one best so far (thought i'd like vanilla but not so much!)
    Funny i was looking at your backside thinking...i know that person and sure enough it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheerios continue to be a lifesaver.
    I like headbands too, but unfortunately they pull back the hair to show roots and potential grey too quickly, so I only wear them at home.
    The vaseline trick works for me too - my heels are very bad. During a pedicure a few years ago they actually broke the pumice stone - I laughed and my colleague thought it was hilarious but inside I was quite mortified!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...