Saturday, 22 April 2006
I tried on half a dozen pairs of shoes and finally settled on these babies:
I got them in black and I think the $34.99 I paid for them was a pretty good price as the original sticker price said $120.00 (who knows though)
These shoes will get me through the summer as I can wear them with jeans, skirts, dress pants and capris too...probably not with shorts BUT I rarely wear shorts anyway so that isn't really an issue for me...
While I was at the store I came across a really cute handbag (for those that know me really well you may know that I love purses-but don't always give in to my passion for the purse)
Here is my newest bag obsession:
Although the web-site says $19.99 the store was selling it for $64.99...so maybe this isn't the exact one but I couldn't justify spending $65 on a purse but if I can get it for $20 than maybe just maybe I'll have to give in a grab this cute number...
anyway enough about my adventures at Nine West...time to take a nap!!
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it for those who enjoy gripping tales of life in the big city. I am going to look for other Dionne Brand books at my local library branch.
Thursday, 20 April 2006
YEAH it's spring, the weather is awsome, the sun is shining and I didn't even wear a jacket over my t-shirt today!!! Can't wait to get into the garden and plant some pretty flowers, tomatoes and maybe another vegetable or two (my attempt at strawberries 2 years ago failed miserabley but maybe I'll give it another go)
Enjoy this amazing weather while you can- it's gonna get HOT soon!!
Wednesday, 12 April 2006
As described by Jamie Watson Hartford County Public Library:Four different people find themselves on the same roof on New Year's Eve, but they have one thing in common–they're all there to jump to their deaths. A scandal-plagued talk-show host, a single mom of a disabled young man, a troubled teen, and an aging American musician soon unite in a common cause, to find out why Jess (the teen) can't get her ex-boyfriend to return her calls. Down the stairs they go, and thoughts of suicide gradually subside. It all sounds so high concept, but each strand of the plot draws readers into Hornby's web. The novel is so simply written that its depths don't come to full view until well into the reading. Each character takes a turn telling the story in a distinctive voice. Tough questions are asked–why do you want to kill yourself, and why didn't you do it? Are adults any smarter than adolescents? What defines friends and family? Characters are alternately sympathetic and utterly despicable, talk-show-host Martin, particularly. The narrators are occasionally unreliable, with the truth coming from the observers instead. Obviously, a book about suicide is a dark read, but this one is darkly humorous–as Hornby usually is. Teens will identify with or loathe Jess and musician J. J., but they will also find themselves in the shoes of Maureen and Martin. This somewhat philosophical work will appeal to Hornby's fans but has plenty to attract new audiences as well.–
Definitely a highly recommended read!
Monday, 10 April 2006
My new baby blog is HERE
We have started collecting stuff for our little bumpkin and you can check it all out HERE.
Hope this alleviates some of the confusion
Wednesday, 5 April 2006
We learned about different coping methods for pain, different ways to relieve some of the pressure we may be feeling in our back, knees and other parts...everything was extremely helpful-i'm sure we'll be using some of the techniques we were shown very soon!
Looking forward to next week !!
Tuesday, 4 April 2006
In honor of my 33rd birthday and to borrow (or steal) an idea from my dear friend Jill I am going to tell you 33 things about MEEEEE....
1. I have a small group of really close friends and I like it that way (no need to have tonnes of friends I have no time to see)
2. My husband is my bestest friend
3. I can't take critisism (will let it bother me for days and days afterwards-about ANYTHING)
4. I am cheap (I will look for the lowest gas prices even if it means waiting until i'm only driving on fumes)
5. I work hard for my money and can't throw it away frivilously (so i usually wait for sales to buy anything)
6. I have worked the same part-time job since I was 15 years old (with the exception of a 2 year leave of absence to go live abroad) REALLY TIME TO QUIT!!!!
7. I lived in Korea for 15 months after university to teach English
8. I used to LOVE to party at night clubs in my younger days
9. I now prefer to stay home and watch a movie with hubby
10. I have done my own taxes a few times
11. I have been watch the Young and the Restless since grade 7
12. My favourite TV show is What Not to Wear
13. I am expecting my first child
14. I want 3 children
15. I still suffer from naseau and heartburn even at 6 months along
16. I plan to join Weight Watchers after this baby comes
17. I LOVE pickles on all sandwiches
18. I will not/cannot eat mushrooms
19. I cannot live with out diet Coke/Pepsi
20. I cannot tolerate any kind of pain (from sore feet to a small scratch YUCK!
21. I prefer flannel PJ's to sexy lingerie
22. I sometimes call in sick just to use up some of my leave time (I have so much accrued time I won't be able to use it in a lifetime)
23. On my days off I eat way less then when I'm at work
24. I love taking baths but always shower afterwards because I dont' feel really clean after a bath
25. I have never been to the same hair stylist more than twice
26. I hate clutter
27. I am not the best housekeeper
28. I am very sorry I fired the cleaning lady for not living up to my standards ( I should have just told her in more detail what I wanted her to do-she isn't a mind reader)
29. Every year I resolve to keep my resolutions
30. I always break my resolutions within a few weeks
31. I love reading trashy chick lit
32. I love eating spicy foods
33. I LOVE cooking for other people