Monday 19 September 2011

the Lazy Train

was coming... choo choo... I just haven't been up for posting, cooking, exercising or doing much these days. I don't what came over me through most of August and the first part of September but whatever it was I think it is passing.
After becoming so lazy and not exercising much, eating pretty much whatever I wanted and starting to feel like a blimp again my dear hubby decided to give me a much needed kick in the ass. He told me that I had to stop complaining and just do something about how I was feeling. I was annoyed with him at first but then really heard what he said and got right back on that elliptical. I have been working out every other day for about a week now and miraculously feel slimmer already! I only do a 30 minute workout but I adjust the settings myself using the manual mode rather than a set course which is much more challenging- I actually break a sweat- something I never usually did on the elliptical at home (probably part of the reason I gained a shit load of weight in the first place- going from a hard core workout at the gym every day to a half-assed workout at home over the course of several years was not good for my waistline! ) ANYWHOO... I feel like I'm back and going to be giving it my all again.
Next step- attending my motivational meeting again!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:33 am

    Good for you. I definitely find adjusting the elliptical myself gives me a better workout than mindelessly following a program. I sometimes try to go really fast and sprint in low resistance, other times put the resitance very high and work on my muscles...I usally change it up when the scene on a TV show changes, or when there is a comercial break. Think back to spin classes times past...I find a lot of the "cycles" that are used in a spin class work well on the elliptical too. I need to quit the Spynga habit soon...it is too expensive. We should look together for somwhere reasonable and local.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 am

    Not only can this suggest elliptical trainers that you may not have otherwise known about, but you can also buy with confidence after reading good or bad feedback about particular abdominal exercise machines.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...