Thursday 18 October 2012

Nobody ever said it was easy...

Parenting is one of the hardest jobs out there. It is definitely harder than my day job, harder than university and harder than almost anything else i've ever done. I now understand  the rational for choosing to have only one child or spacing out kids by several years. I honestly didn't even think about how a baby would affect the balance in the house! When we decided to have #2 we were only a few days away from celebrating #1's first birthday. He wasn't even walking yet! But we were so happy being parents to our perfect little boy we wanted another one, just like him!! Our decision went something like this:
"Honey, i love how cute and cuddly baby is, He is such a good boy, I want another, just like him"
"hun, i'm not getting any younger, i don't want a baby at 40... we better have another one soon!! "
"honey, I keep forgetting to take my birth control, do you suppose that is a sign we should start working on our second"  His response to each... ok!!
Three months later we were expecting #2!!
No thought to how another baby would affect us financially, emotionally or physically. I always knew that I wanted more than one baby but as I wasn't blessed with starting a family at a young age so I had to make due with the hand i was dealt. Since I would never have had a baby without being married first.And i didn't get married until 31..  That meant having my first baby at 33 and a second at 35. My mom was 29 when i was born and and 31 when my brother came along, i always felt that she was the "older" mom in the bunch. How times have changed!!!
Anyway, i wouldn't change the way things have turned out but there are times when I wish I could just step out of my life for a short time, just to catch my breath and remember how lucky I really am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...