Monday 2 March 2009

march menu

I have been finding that if I don't meal plan for the week my grocery shopping is just totally ineffective. I end up with $150 worth of bits and pieces with nothing to use for actual meals...
now that I am trying to really lose the baby weight and get back into shape (not the same shape but some shape I hope!!) I have decided that creating a weekly menu and shopping for it might make life easier...
This week I have the stuff to make
chili
sweet and sour meat balls
shake and bake chicken
turkey meatloaf
chicken stir fry

I also add a green salad to every meal as well as rice or steamed vegetables- depending on what the main course is (i don't add veg's if i make chili as it's got loads of them already in it, same with stir fry)

Now if i could only be as organized with making lunches for the week as well...i usually end up just making hubby a turkey or chicken sandwich with a fruit and granola bar thrown in...he eats whatever I make and would just get caf food if i didn't pack him a lunch...better work on my organizational skills for my return to work in a few months time!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 am

    Sounds good.I suck at meal planning, but I wish I could do it! I should pay you to make me extra, since most of it looks dairy and soy-free!!

    Good Luck with WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 pm

    thanks!!
    i don't have issues cooking meat anymore...but i did when i first started cooking for myself. I wouldn't touch it because i thought it was slimy and gross but now it's okay (even ground meat!!)
    i find it is neccessary to meal plan as if i don't i feel really disorganized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the meal planning. If I don't have a plan, I end up buying random stuff. I'm a "stick with the plan" girl and that way I know what I need for what I'm cooking, etc. Buying planned items for me, does save money rather than buying things on a whim. My mom is the opposite and I always tell her that it's really not a great idea to shop when she's hungry too. That way she ends up buying all kinds of things she wouldn't have otherwise bought. When you're hungry, everything in the grocery store looks good! Or you think, "Oh! That's a good idea to make for dinner sometime!"

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...