Saturday 23 October 2010

A new search

I have been using my faithful flat iron for a while now. It was a birthday present in April 2009. It was working really well, the heat element was still going at full force - and this is a problem I've had in the past- where the heat just stops working but this one was just fine! Then one day I was mid iron when pow...the iron just broke right in half- leaving me without a straightener and even worse only 1/2 a head full of decent looking hair! So now I'm on another search for a straightener. I like the one they sell at mall kiosks but i wonder if I'll like it  for long once I fork out the moula.... my Chi was pretty good but again I wonder how long it will last, i took it out to try after my Torlen broke but it wouldn't get hot enough to do anything worthwhile. Gotta find something fast because my hair is looking kind of mop like without my favourite appliance!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:40 pm

    Oh oh, sorry this happened. I am lost without a straightening iron. Supposedly I wont need one for a while now, but that remains to be seen. I wont know for sure until I wash and style my hair Monday night! If it is true, you can borrow mine.

    As you know, I was a total Chi snob. I even bought some other ones on stylist's recommendations, only to return them and demand a CHI. A couple years ago, though, the Trade Secrets staff promised me I'd love the Avanti Ultra Dual Voltage Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron (http://www.fabove.ca/Avanti-Ceramic-Tourmaline-Flat-Iron.html). I was amazed. I have had it almost 2 years now, and it is still as hot as the day I bought it...and works as well or better than a CHI, at a fraction the cost.

    I have looked at reviews of the mall ones, they usually break pretty quickly from what I remember. I highly recommend the one I have, I love it...and you know I am very picky about my flatirons!!! If you want to try mine and see how you like it, let me know. You can even borrow it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...