Monday 9 May 2011

Mother's Day Updated

Mother's Day was for the most part a nice day. Hubby made yummy scrambled eggs- he makes them so well- for some reason that is one thing I just cannot get right! My kiddies and Hubby got me a mani/pedi gift certificate. He even booked it for  me so I won't delay going! I took my girl to playfun and had a really nice time with her. She made me a cute bead necklace to go along with the beautiful bracelet she made me at daycare!!
 My boy and I went for nice walk around the neighborhood dropping off birthday party invitations in the afternoon while my girl napped (for 3 whole hours!!!) On our walk we stopped and chatted with a neighbor whose son is in his class and we even had a short play session with another classmate whose mom invited us in for a bit!  I am finally starting to feel that we are part of a community rather than living on a street with neighbors I don't know!
Later in the day after my girl woke we went to the Thornhill Woods park where the kids ran around and played with their cousin while we parents chased them around with sunscreen hats. (to no avail though-i'm planning to buy the sunscreen that just sprays and doesn't need to rub in-that way I can just get them and it's done with!) We even ran into a friend or two whom we haven't seen in so long- really great to catch up with them too ;)
Afterwards we went to my brother's house and had a nice take out dinner from Sofra (although next time we order from there I think we'll need to get another meal because the meals seem to be a little small and getting 4 dishes for 6 adults and 3 kids really is never enough) The whole family enjoyed a nice day all in all and the kids were so worn out by bath/bed time that they were fast asleep by 8pm (a little later than normal but for a nice reason so it was okay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...