Tuesday 1 January 2013

A few challenges

As part of my annual "New Year, New Me" resolutions I have decided to join a grain free challenge. I was skeptical at first as I usually start my day off with 1/3 cup of bran buds mixed with greek yogurt and fruit...i was okay today without it but of course I wasn't working and was distracted by friends and family at home. I think the challenge might pose a little harder than I initially thought. For lunch today I served a baked mac and cheese (pre packaged as our friends are orthodox and strictly Kosher-which we are not) as well as lots of cut vegetables with hummos. Luckily for the me the mac and cheese was pretty disgusting (i even noticed one of our guests gagging on it- they later told me they normally get a different brand if they buy that sort of food). For dinner I replaced the taco shells with lettuce as was suggested. It was pretty good- and I don't feel overly stuffed! I was able to eat four of them without the horrible guilt i would feel if i ate four tortilla shells! I wasn't tempted by the chocolate cake I baked with my girl this evening. It looked okay but even though it was a low fat, parve cake when I calculated the points value from Weight Watchers I was still a whopping 6 points. No thanks!!!

Other resolutions include things like get back on the working out regularly track. I signed up for a 10k in May and hope to get to the finish line in under 60 minutes... need to work towards that goal!
and finally of course there is the patience with my kids resolution...they can drive me batty at times but i vow to try and keep my cool, not let them rattle me and to keep screaming to a minimum..that is a really hard one for me and I did break it today already but will keep trying to work on it. Really that is the most important one IMO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...