Monday 16 October 2006

our stalker

We currently have a stalker in the neighborhood. I have seen this stalker continously come around every day for the past few months, although I had seen the offender as far back as 2 years ago. This stalker is a white male with bushy, matted hair and green eyes. The stalker comes around and torments little Owen, the smaller, more timid of our two cats. The offender appears to be a ferrel cat. Each time I hear the frightening hissing noise coming out of Owen's mouth I just know the awful white cat is near by. These two cats have a long standing hatred of each other and continously attempt to attack each other through our back door. Thank g-d for screens and glass to protect our little Owen. The white cat looks pretty vicious and I cannot imagine Owen lasting very long in a real face to face fight. In fact this cat has been in so many fights it is either missing an eye or has had an eye scratched to the point of being so swollen and infected you cannot even see the eye itself.
Unfortunately no amount of yelling at or shewing away makes this beast cat disappear. He seems to want to torment our little sweet Owen and will sit at the back door for hours at end causing complete disruption and tumoil around our home. Any suggestions or ideas (other than setting out laced tuna-which i could never actually do) on how to get this beast to leave our little Owen alone??? He is the bully and instigator in this whole matter and I'd love to have this long standing fight come to an end!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:58 am

    Why don't you just call the humane socitey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we thought about doing that but the white cat doesn't come around the same time everyday, how can we be sure it will come when the HS is here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:24 pm

    That sucks.

    We had a cat like that in our neighborhood harassing princess. One day that cat snuck in to the house when I had the door propped opeing (bringing in groceries) and attached orincess. I broke it up and got a bad scratch. I ended up letting the cat out the window onto the garage!

    My advice?? Never prop your door open to bring in gorceries!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I don't know, I would probably opt for something illegal. Can't really offer that as an advice now...

    BTW, Dina, you're TAGGED! Please go to my blog to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Crazy stuff! I know this sounds pretty labour-intensive, but it's a 'humane' approach -well, more humane than poisoning the rascal! Believe me, we've had to put low level poison in a shallow dish of Coca Cola outside for the racoons because they were getting into our animal feed (and that's a lot of $$$). The coons like the sweet stuff and then crawl off a few feet away and die. I made that stop though because I thought it was a horrible thing to do to the coons, plus I didn't want any of our animals consuming the stuff, so now we use live traps and when the coons are caught, we release them somewhere far away from our farm. Even though the coons are pains in the butts, I hate the thought of killing any animal. Sorry for going on that tangent...not telling you to set up a live trap for that crazy cat, but have you tried spritzing the cat with water from a water bottle?? Cats don't seem to like that much. We used to do that to deter our cat from going places she shouldn't. You know what I mean, right? When you see the cat, take a spray bottle filled with water and just spray it. They generally hate that and perhaps done enough times, the cat will get the message?

    There's also that spray you can get at the pet store that cats hate the smell of. It's used to dissuade cats from going on furniture or places they shouldn't. It is supposed to be unscented for humans, but cats can smell it. Maybe a spritz of this stuff by your front door and front steps will make the cat not want to come near? It may make your cats not want to go out too though! LOL

    I don't know if those suggestions were good or not. Let me know how the saga with the feuding cats unfolds :)

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...