Wednesday 20 December 2006

WICKED

We went to see Wicked last night. Rather than buying each other gifts to celebrate our anniversary we decided it would be nicer to just have a nice evening out. It was.
The musical was a lot of fun, not a brilliant story but easy enough to follow and purely entertaining. I would recommend it to almost anyone, but I would definitely recommend getting a little bit better seats. The same problem exists with many of the older theaters. The seats in the balcony levels are very close together and the rows are practically on top of each other so if you are a little shorter or there is a tallish person in front of you, your vision of the stage might be compromised.
I did not find myself singing or humming the songs after the show but I did enjoy listening to them during the show. Perhaps I'll get the CD and listen again:)

3 comments:

  1. We did the same thing for our anniversary and birthdays, We bought tickets to England and decided that would be our gift to each other.

    I was going to ask if you liked it. I am going with a friend in January. I am curious about it. Thanks for the mini review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always do things together for anniversaries, instead of buying gifts.

    I loved Wicked, thought it was lively...I also feel like, even though it doesn't seem like a brilliant story at face value--when you think about how everything ties together, both in the play and wiht the original Wizard of Oz story, it really is quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you tried to read the book...maybe i will pick it up at the library tomorrow. I have to return a couple of baby sleep books i got (which we no longer need)
    The story is neat, and does tie together a lot of the original story. Someone compared it to Star Wars and in a weird kind of way it was a similar idea...

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...