Thursday 1 March 2007

food meme

1. What's your #1 comfort food? any type of soup. My new favourite is sweet potatoe and carrot soup
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? carrots- i can eat them day in a day out and they are soo filling and yummy raw!
3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you 'known' for?) well i make amazing zuccini muffins, excellent tillapia and this nice couscous dish with dried cranberries
4. It's Friday night, you don't know what to cook. You opt for...stir fry with sweet and sour sauce
5. What's your biggest weakness when it comes to food? carbs- i love bread and crackers
6. What food can you absolutely not eat? caviar- i have tried but just don't like it
7. You need a drink. You grab a-diet coke or a coffee
8. What's the most decadent dish you've had? seafood lasagna with bechemal sauce-DELISH!!
9. What's your favorite type of food? Korean or a close second is sushi
10. Favorite dish? Soon tubo chigae (tofu stew-very spicy and yummy
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? Tavern on the green in NYC...just because it's so famous
12. Are you a soup or salad person? definitely love making and eating soup, but do like nice crispy salad too
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant? depends on my mood but usually sit-down as I always overeat at buffets-but i do like the fact that you can taste a little of everything
14. What's the most impressive dinner you've ever made? let's start with dessert- chocolate covered strawberries, sole with yogurt dill sauce, carrot califlower soup and moroccan couscous
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? pretty good but i have to be in the mood to cook
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? of course- soo yummy in the summer when it's really hot and you don't want hot soup
17. Who's your favorite TV cook? i don't have one
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Rachael Ray (her annoying big mouth makes me cringe) Emeril ( i know he's passe but BAM I still like him) and Bobby Flay
19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade no doubt
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Danielle, Karen and anyone else who wants to do this silly meme :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this silly meme for me :) LOL! BTW, I LOVE those meatballs you used to make when we were living together. Do you still make them? Mmmmm...delish!

    What's the name of that Indian restaurant in Toronto that's buffet? I remember going there with my students and friends once or twice. I hate buffets, but I thought the Indian one was neat because you could try a bit everything. The only thing is to only have one plate/serving.

    I was telling Jill on Facebook, that I'll be in Richmond Hill this weekend...but only Saturday and leaving Sunday. I wonder if there's any way we could squeeze in brunch or something on Sunday???

    ReplyDelete
  2. the indian place we like is KAMA on King st.
    Sunday brunch might work, just give us a call and we'll try to work something out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!!! I hope it works out. Can't wait to that cute little sweetie of yours!! Oh...and of course, you and Gav too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! The tofu stew sounds de-lish! I love spicy and am a vegetarian. I am doing this post as well, soon. PS your link to 'danielle' at the botton is linking to my blog instead. That's okay with me as I love linky love, but just wanted to tell you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I noticed that Danielle's link was actually yours, Ms.Mamma. Dina, I was going to tag Danielle too, but wasn't sure if she'd have time to do the meme since she was in England and all...

    I'll call you when I get to TO! I'm thinking we'll be there sometime in the evening on Sat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that tofu stew is filled with seafood and probably pork too...sorry but unfortunately Koreans don't understand the concept of vegatarian :(
    BUT it is yummy and very spicy

    i'll fix that link- i wonder how that happened???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Gonna try that tofu stew one day.

    It's funny about the term "vegetarian", when I tried to explain this concept to Asians and Europeans -- they all ask the same question, "No meat? Then what do you eat?"

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...