Tuesday 12 February 2008

my fave (and easiest ever) dinner

I have been on a quest to find really fast and easy dinner solutions. I don't want to get into the habit of making pre-cooked or frozen foods so i have been experimenting with a few different recipes lately...
my new favorite dinner is turkey meatloaf. This is the easiest receipes EVER!

Ingrediants:
1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup of chunky salsa (i like using medium spice)
2 tablespoons brownsugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 pound of ground turkey

On stovetop, in saucepan melt the can of cranberry sauce, once melted add salsa and sugar.

In bowl combine turkey, oatmeal and 1/2 cup of cranberry mixture. Shape into loaf and put in baking pan, cover with 1 cup of cranberry mixture. Bake in oven at 425 for 45 minutes.
The rest of the cranberry mixture can be frozen or kept in the fridge for another time. Serve with a salad and potatoes and viola!!

I love having the cranberry mixture in the freezer so that i have a really quick and easy meal solution for another exhausting evening!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland, Dina!

    That does look easy, and delicious alternative to beef meatloaf! I bet Liam would love it!
    Congrats on your new position - it sounds like it's interesting - and eye-opening- work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! That sounds good! The amazing thing about meatloaf is that it's so versatile! I love the fact that meatloaf is so quick and easy to make too!

    I've made a turkey meatloaf with feta cheese and oregano and my standard meatloaf with oatmeal and homemade Borden sauce (it's sort of like a sweet chili/salsa sauce).

    Like Karen said, congrats on the new position. Hope to chat soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - that looks like a good meatloaf! Maybe I'll try a chicken version! Thanks, Dina!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...