Monday 4 February 2008

who knew...

I have been out of the blog circuit for a little while now. Since starting a new position I haven't been online nearly as much and my blogging has nearly come to a halt...but today i decided it was time to post about some things I just find unbelievable. These things are things I have discovered since my work has taken me in direct contact with the public rather than dealing with people on the phone.
Here is my list of shocking discoveries (okay shocking to me but possibly common knowledge to many)

1. oral hygeine is not very important to quite a number of people...
2. education is not a priority to more people than i ever imagined- i have come to meet more than a few people who have not finished high school, never mind have university degrees!
3. many people think if they claim ignorance all their issues will be resolved- ie. What do you mean I had to report in every other week, and now my claim has been cancelled???
4. Almost nobody actually reads the questions they are answering and then cannot understand why they have made errors.
5. again to do with reading- SOOO MANY people do not read instructions (myself included on occassion) and then can't figure out why they aren't being allowed to progress to the next question...
6...my all time favourite- i am in total shock as to how many people DO NOT know how to use a computer!! I can understand seniors not being comfortable with this "new" technology or not knowing how to use a mouse or whatnot BUT I'm talking YOUNG-really young-(early 20's) people who cannot use computers. How do these people expect to get jobs if they don't have basic computer skills? I don't have wonderful computer skills but I can use a mouse, navigate the internet and compose a word document if i must. there are more people out there than i thought possible who are terrofied of these mean nastey machines we now encounter daily. I don't know how these people function on a daily basis without basic skills. I guess they figure if they beg someone will do the work for them...in this electronic age it is really important IMO that people get with the program and get into the 21st century!!

1 comment:

  1. It's really frustrating when people don't bother reading instructions. But the computer thing, it surprises me too when I meet someone who doesn't OWN a computer.

    I don't know, maybe it's got to with the generation X/Y thing - some people fell through the loop and never gotten computer lessons at school -- like elementary school kids get nowadays. Don't you think? maybe they were too old when the lessons are finally introduced to the students - and they never gotten the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...