Thursday 23 April 2009

craving craziness

I never really believed in the legitimacy of cravings. In the past I never had real, severe cravings where I absolutely had to have something or else all hell would break loose. During pregnancy I didn't have cravings, before my period I don't remember ever having them (of course I only had my visitor 3 times in 4 years since getting pregnant, nursing then getting pregnant again-so my memory might be a little skewed!) Well now I have a completely different view on the whole craving issue! Yesterday I wanted chocolate, I NEEDED chocolate, I could not get through the evening without having some rich yummy chocolate to snack on. There was no rhyme or reason to it- I just knew I had to have it. Luckily I had a small stash in the cupboard! Today- after 19 beautiful months period free my dear old friend has decided to reappear for a visit! SOOO weird as I just had no idea she was coming around, she just showed up unannounced. I guess my cravings were justified after all- and so are all the ugly pimples I broke out with like an oily teenager! I just thought they were stress induced- guess I was wrong about that too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing, isn't it? I love the 19 beautiful months period free! I had some bleeding when Little One was 3 months old, but nothing since. I thought it was weird, since I'm BF!

    As for the cravings, one of my doctors mentioned that sometimes if you crave a specific food, it may be that your body is needing a particular element of that food. I don't know how valid that is, but he said that (for example) if you're craving chips, it may be that your body is telling you it needs salt. He did say that by no means does that give us free license to eat a bag of chips or a box of cookies, but rather to assess what's in (or not in) the food we are eating. I dunno.

    When I was pregnant with LO, I craved chilaquiles and spicy Korean food. Weird, eh? Oh, and I also craved strawberries and pinapple...and tomato sandwiches! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pimples as an adult are SO WRONG aren't they? Gahhhh!

    Hope you're doing well, D, and enjoying some of the spring (finally) weather with the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a fantastic day! xo

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...