Monday 21 December 2009

My quest for the skinny...

not my quest to GET skinny but the search for skinny jeans that look good, are comfortable and won't break the bank...maybe I'm asking for too much!! I have been looking at my boots that I LOVE so much I think, what a shame they are covered up by my big boot legged jeans. AND on a more practical note, the bottom of my jeans always get wet in the snow so skinny jeans would just work better...
now i have tried on my fair share of these jeans. they NEVER seems to look quite right, they are just too tight in the mid-section and I feel so confined, then they make my butt look huge-sure i know I'm carrying around a lot of extra junk in my trunk but these jeans just exaggerate this to no end! UGH!!
i have no idea how so many women/girls are wearing these jeans and seem comfortable and look good in them ( well maybe not all of them look good but they're wearing them and don't seem to be tugging and pulling at them like i have done whenever I try them on )
I found some articles on "how to wear skinny jeans" and from what I gather...i should just stick to my boot cut or flare leg jeans and live with wet cuffs on my jeans!!

4 comments:

  1. You can also take your favourite straight leg, flair leg or boot cut jeans that you like the fit of, andhave them tapered into skinny's (most tailors can do this, or ifyou are handy you can do it yourself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an idea...we used to use safety pins in high school...but that would probably look ridiculous on my much older self now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember stirrup pants? Those looked good tucked into boots, they stayed so smooth and taut! I used to love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw some stirrup pants at Winners last week and after the laugh I actually thought they'd be a good purchase- for boots of course!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...