Tuesday 1 December 2009

cookie club

For the past 3 years I have taken part in a cookie exchange. I had wanted to try something different and last year I made honey spice cookies. They were very pretty, star shaped spice cookies but the icing was supposed to bake along with the cookie- it just didn't come out right, This year I decided to go back to what I know i'm good at. I made Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Cashew Shortbread Cookies.

Both are really yummy and pretty easy to boot.

Here are the recipes,( no pictures though...they are all packaged up and in the freezer so I don't nibble at them)


Chocolate Cashew Shortbread Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2/3 cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup flour
¼ cup cornstarch
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup chopped cashews

In large bowl beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In medium bowl mix together flour and cornstarch. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, and cashews. Form into rounds of about 1 tablespoon, flatten slightly to about ½ inch thickness. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes, just until lightly browned at edges. Store in plastic container or cookie tin. Makes about 36.


Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ½ cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons margarine/butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. Cream butter. Add sugar and mix thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla; blend well. Add sifted ingredients.
Cut apricots into pieces with scissors, and add to batter along with chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350F. for about 10 minute. Allow to cool partially before removing from baking sheets. Makes about 3 ½ dozen.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I still lived in the same city as you! I would love to be part of a cookie club!!! I have baked 10 dozen cookies so far for the holiday goody bags I'm putting together for friends and family. In fact, I'm going to a play date/cookie baking date at a friend's tomorrow. Her daughter is a few months older than Little One. My friend and I get together and sometimes go swimming at the pool with the babies. We also do scrapbooking and baking sometimes.

    BTW, that apricot chocolate chip recipe sounds interesting! I'm going to try to make it!! Thanks fir sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...