Friday 10 September 2010

good bye dear friend




My dear kittie Jamie was an "impulse purchase." I had always loved kitten and wanted one of my own so my dear friend Jill and I went down to the humane society one Sunday afternoon 8 long years ago to pick out a kitty. There were so many to choose from but this feisty black and white one caught my attention the moment he was carried into the viewing room. He was the cutest, friskiest cat I'd ever seen. He was my first baby. I named him Jamie because I always wanted to name my first born Jamie and at that point in my life I was certain I'd never have human babies of my own.
I took him home and for months he slept on my pillow. He was small enough to hide in a tiny paper bag. He was smart enough to get in the elevator of my building and take a ride down to the first floor, where the building super spotted him and brought him back up to me. Jamie was a regal cat, his fur shined and he always took such pristine care of himself.
One things is for sure, he always wanted to be an outdoor cat. I never let him out and often chased him down the block and carried him back inside but he longed to be outdoors, chasing butterflies and falling leaves. This time I just let him go, he ran past me and I didn't chase him and bring him back. I was in such a rush and figured he'd be fine, He'd been venturing out for a few months already and he always came back.


We came home after dinner and I noticed a note on the door. The neighbor said a few kids from the local high school had knocked on the door to say a cat had been hit. It wasn't their cat and they knew it must be ours. We went looking for him right away but couldn't find him anywhere. We called around and nobody had seen him. Finally after searching and searching, flashlight in hand my husband found him lying between two houses. He looked so peaceful. He was gone. I will miss him. He loved me and was so loyal to me. Sometimes he wasn't so nice to other people but he was always loving and affectionate to me. He got me, and i got him.


My dear Jamie. I will miss you always.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 am

    "Thre Rainbow Bridge"
    - When a beloved pet dies , the pet goes to this special place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
    - The old and frail are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again.
    - They play all day with each other. There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.
    - So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up !
    - The nose twitches !
    - The ears are up !
    - The eyes are staring !
    - And this one suddenly runs from the group !
    - You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and embrace.
    - Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
    - Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated - Author Unknown

    A friend sent this to me when we lost our Vinny, hope it lightens the shadows a little for you today. And just think, now, your handsome Jamie and my evil Vinny can cause kitteh trouble in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this lovely poem Freedom. It is very special and very true.
    I have lots of good memories of Jamie. I'm sure right now he is having the best time chasing anything that moves and roaming free as he always yearned to do and as we finally let him.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...