Friday 3 December 2010

Pre-New Years Resolutions

Last January I resolved to take the bull by the horns and get my butt in gear to lose the baby weight once and for all. I managed to lose 25 pounds but was really really good about eating well and not so good about exercising diligently. I did start out the year getting on the elliptical 3-5 times a week at first but as time went on that slipped down to 1-2 and lately it's been nil.
During the late summer and early fall I started running. Again it wasn't that regularly and usually only when FP kicked me in the butt to get off the couch. I did complete one 5k and felt awesome about it but then only ran once after that.
Now that it is December and the New Year is coming up fast and furious, I decided I want to get back to the basics of exercising right and of course eating right too.
Since working out the evenings just doesn't work for me (I'm just too tired and honestly I have so much to do around the house-as I've discovered the house doesn't clean itself and meals don't get cooked on their own!!!) I have committed to waking up at 5:30 and getting on that elliptical for 25-35 minutes a day. It is a great way to start the day and gets me up to do other things before the rest of the family is up. This morning for example i was able to load (and turn on) the dishwasher, throw in a load of laundry and tidy the kitchen a bit all before the chaos called morning started! (and of course help get the kids ready for their 7:20 departure AND to top it off I was able to shower in the morning-which i love to do but normally don't because of time restrictions. (and morning showers really do wonders for my hair)
I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to keep up this commitment to myself for daily exercise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...