Sunday 27 May 2012

Run for your life...

I just completed the 5k I had been supposed to be training for this morning. I had been sick a few times over the spring and let my exercise/training lag quite a bit but I still did it and boy am I glad it is done! I am planning on registering for a 10k taking place in Aug and will need to get  serious about training for that one.
Today's run I managed to get in at 36.28 minutes time and 34. something chip time. Not really sure of the difference but either way i am D-O-N-E!!! and only a few blisters on the bottoms of my feet to prove it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:36 pm

    Hope the blisters aren't too bad!

    The time is the time from the start of the race until you pass the finish line. Chip time is YOUR personal time, that starts when your chip passes the starting line and finishes when it passes the finish line. Since runners like to know their time exactly, it is important. Elite runners trying to place are always at the very front of the corrals...because the official time is from the start time, not chip time. For those of us who aren't trying to place and don't shoot out of the corral the minute the race starts, it is very useful to have a chip time. In big races, there can be a 20-30 minute difference!

    Looking forward to a 10k in August!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...