Monday 26 December 2005

An Evening With Friends


It's always nice to get together with friends. Last night we had our first Chanukah party. I had planned on making latkes but was just too tired and really wanted to do other things instead of slave over a hot frying pan cooking in the afternoon.
We had about 14 people over and I'm glad to say it seemed as if everyone was getting along well. That is always a worry of mine-that people won't get along or will have absolutely nothing in common thus having nothing to talk about...besides the fact that the usual "all about our kids talk" prevailed for what seemed a better part of the evening things were rather enjoyable.
People ate, drank (well pop at least) and were generally merry.

The only thing that didn't really happen which I kind of hoped would was people drinking a little more-and relaxing so they could stay later than they did- but no biggie as we did have 4 people stay past 11 pm (woohoo)
The turn out was decent. Only my single friends seemed to decline. Funny how that works. If I were still single I probably would have declined an invite like that as well. Who would want to spend an evening with all married people listen to talk about kids!! I'll have to make a concerted effort to get together on other occassions with single girlfriends.
Anyway we had one super yummy mummy who took the time to put on her party clothes and do hair nicely (as always) then we had the usual jeans and sweater crowd who come au natural sans make-up or hair spray... but glad they were able to make it none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...