Tuesday 27 December 2005

Maybe it's just me....

I have been on a quest in the last few months. I am determined to find the perfect eyeshadow. None of the brands or colors I have purchased seem to do anything for me at all. The first one I purchased was a brand called ARISSA. This was about $3.99 at Walmart. The colors looked so pretty in the package I was sure they would be gorgeous on. Boy was I wrong. My first attempt to use this duo called Star Dust was a total disaster. I applied it using the applicator in the case and made a total mess of my eyes-and I was at work so I had no way of removing this chalky gross mess off my face (yes the shadow ran all over my cheeks and into my eyebrows-YUCK) ...I tried it again later using a brush but the color was so faint it was a little to au natural for my liking.

The second one I tried was from Cover Girl. It was not super cheap. I paid about $6.99 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for a 4-kit shadow in the Urban Basics color combo. The colors are fairly neutral so I knew I would not get dramatic results but I thought perhaps the color would show up a little. The matte streetlight color doesn't show up at all. I try to use it under my brow as I have always thought the lighter color should go but I swear all it does is aggrivate me. The two sparkley colors are nice but not really appropriate for day time use. I have used them for an evening out and they look fine. The last color, the pearl dusk color is really nice but for some reason it tends to get a oily film on it which I have to scrape off with my finger nail or else there is no point to trying to use it. VERY ANNOYING!!

My latest attempt at finding the perfect eyeshadow was just yesterday. I bought a L'Oreal quad in the Autumn Leaves combo. So far after two failed attempts to use this shadow I really wish I could return it for a refund as at $11.99 it was really not cheap! Firstly the applicators provided are pretty much useless. They don't help the shadow go on nicely at all. The colors are supposed to complement each other but when I put them on I just didn't get it. The dark colors were too dark and the light ones too light... They seemed to smear all over the place and I found myself washing the shadow off and reapplying with a q-tip (which worked a bit better but not much)

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps some people just aren't meant to wear eyeshadow or maybe I have never really learned the right application methods but I am stopping this quest to find the perfect shadow as I really don't want to broke myself ...gonna stick to mascara and lipstick for now on!!

2 comments:

  1. 3 suggestions:

    1) Jane Eye-zings. Cheap, comparable to MAC according to MakeUpAlley readers. I have a few, and really like them. You can get them at Great Canadian Superstore.

    2)Almay I-intense. These are created to go with your eye-colour. Not cheap, but fool proof and well pigmented.

    3) Don't even bother with a sponge. Invest in an eye-shadow brush. Far better for application. Eye-shadow brushes don't work well for anyone. Check out the elegant faces line at Trade Secrets. Great affordable brushes.

    Good Luck, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-shadow brushes don't work well for anyone.

    Oops...eye-shadow sponges don't work well. Eye-shadow brushes work much better.

    P.P.s. I have a few eye-shadows at home you can try before investing in more...come on by when you have the time!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...