Thursday 21 June 2007

Home Sweet Home

Travelling is always fun, hopping in the car, taking a road trip and visiting new places has always been something I've enjoyed. Doing it with a baby is a whole other ball game. The boy was very good-he's always very good, but babies fuss and babies get tired&cry and they don't always like being trapped in their car seats for 6 hours with nothing to look at but the rear window!!

For me though the best part about a trip away is coming home. There are so many things to enjoy in the comfort of one's own home-too many to list really so here are just a few

1. sleeping in your own bed
2. having Tim Horton's walking distance
3. no mosquitoes milling around my ears at night
4. cooking my own food (i do love eating out but love eating home made by me food even more)
5. enjoying my morning pot of coffee at my own pace :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you :)
    I love traveling and going away for a few days, but just a few days is about all I can handle too. Like you, the best part of going away is coming back home! LOL! It sounds weird, I know.

    Here's my list of what I enjoy from the comforts of home:
    1) Sleeping in my own bed (for some reason, I cannot sleep well if I'm not in my own bed...even if I'm in the classiest hotel with the nicest bed! Weird!)
    2)Being able to putz around at my own pace and not be on someone else's schedule.
    3) Like you, I enjoy cooking my own food. Most of our food comes from our farm and garden, so everything is homecooked and fresh. Now, like you witnessed when we went out for lunch the other day, I get sick if I eat anything greasy or "fast food".
    4) Just being in my own home is what I miss when I travel. I don't know why. I guess it's because it's ours and it's home.

    PS. I agree with you. Those damn mosquitoes were brutal when you were here! I was thankful for the rain last weekend because my garden and our crops needed it, but not so thankful because it brought on mosquitoes. The strange thing is that yesterday I was in the garden in the afternoon, tending to my veggies and picking rhubarb....and there were no mosquitoes. Well...I did see two and one landed on me and I killed it. It's weird how one day there were many and the next, almost none!

    Anyway, glad you're home safe and sound :) Elie was such a good boy and an amazing traveler!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...