Tuesday 5 June 2007

Today is my lucky day :)

I recently realized how important it is to have a few staple items in ones wardrobe. I unfortunately realized this during an emergency "i have nothing to wear to a bar-mitvah TOMORROW" moment. Lucky for me Jill figured this one out a lot sooner than I!! She came was able to save the day at 8pm on Friday evening when I needed a dress for 11 am the next day!!


She lent me this beautiful green and black number that my husband likes so much he suggested I buy it from her!!
Today I did a little shopping after popping into my office to complete my return to work paperwork. I found this dress at Reitmans and was really pleasantly surprised when the reduced price was even further reduced!! I got this really cute black dress that can definitley be dressed up or down for a whopping $15 !! Can you believe it?!?! AND to think i wasn't sure i was going to buy it because i didn't think it was that flattering...glad i rethought it and realized I can wear better undergarmets to do the trick!


Now here is my list of wardrobe must haves
1. a really good body slimmer. Ones of these suckers can take you from a lumpy size 12 to a slim smooth lined size 10!!
2. a great pair of stilletoes. i LOVE the look of really high heels with pointy toes (like the ones i'm wearing above)
3. a little black dress. One that can be worn during the day and also in the evening. I have another one that is definitely an only evening dress, as it has spaghetti straps and a few sequins.
4. a great pair of black slacks. Also a move from day to evening pair.
5. and of course a really great handbag (which I am working on getting!)
6. a few structured jackets. I have a few and I love them. They make me feel a few pounds thinner when i look in the mirror and they can be layered, and worn nicely over jeans or with dress pants
7. a "real" necklace. Not costume jewelry, something with value and substance that can be worn with any neckline. i have a beautiful diamond heart pendant necklace that i wear to many occassions.
8. also a "real" pair of earrings. Not costume jewelry but something with real jewels, and gold.
9. a pair of skinny jeans. i'm not talking about those skinny jeans that are in style now but a pair that make you feel great. when you put these on you just feel good about yourself, your butt feels smaller, you exude confidance.
10. sexy sandals. no explanation required :)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 pm

    The dress looks great..and it is MINE!!

    The black one is nice too, and a great price.

    Perfect list, though I personally don't have a fitted jacket. I have e=in the past, when I was doing job interviews and such, but now I never seem to have the need. Good thing too, as I am not a layerer.

    Also, I have real godl and diamond earrings and a real necklace...they are nice to have, but I almost never wear them. Costume Jewellery is just so much more fun IMO. Now, if we could afford for me to have been Chandalier earrings and fancy cnecklaces made of real gold and diamonds, maybe I'd be singing a different tune. But as it is, pretty dainty little things just don't usually suit my style much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill's dress looks GREAT on you! Wow! Va-va-voom!

    Isn't it the most heavenly feeling when you find a great black dress in super low price? I always feel like I won the jack pot...

    I think I have good staples in clothings... I'm still working on the handbags and jewelries. That's the tough one to "win" (GREAT style, design, value, and LOW PRICE).

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta agree that green dress looks fab, and you can never have too many LBD's. I'm liking your list too.
    I love costume jewellery , but there's nothing like classic pieces that can be worn and passed on to the kids. One tradition that DH started for me was to get me jewellery after each child was born. So for my little guy he got me a beautiful garnet ring with diamonds and his birthdate is engraved on the inside. For the girlie, he bought me diamond stud earrings. I somehow managed to get a nice watch from him for my biz school grad, and a beautiful pearl necklace as an anniversary gift. Makes being married and having kids worth it (JK ,LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do like costume jewelry too but can't help but love the look and feel of the real thing :) especially for special occassions.
    I am particularly fond of nice dainty pieces with subtle details so not being able to afford "big" stuff isn't a problem for us :)
    Karen- that is a great tradition hubs started! lucky you :) My MIL gave me a stunning pearl necklace when hubby and i got married,(it belonged to her mother!) it's got a diamond and ruby clasp which is so beautiful it should be worn on the outside for the world to see rather than hidden behind the neck! I love those pearls and should really wear them more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, D! You look really awesome in Jill's green dress!!! I love the black one too. This was seriously a fun post (like CK's latest post). Hmmm...makes me feel like watching a few episodes of "What Not To Wear"! I seriously think Jill should be the new Stacy London! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...