Friday 10 August 2007

mamma does know best!!!

When I was a teenager I honestly believed my mom didn't know a thing. I swore up and down that she was just too old to know anything about how young people acted. I fought with her on many issues, always insisting I knew the truth/real answer. It was not until i reached some form of maturity that i realized how much mom really knows!!

Mom used to tell me over and over again that I needed to watch my behaviour and actions because everything I did had a direct impact on either myself or my family. I thought she was nuts! Now I realize just how true her words were. She said "everyone knows everyone" and that your behaviour will follow you. Boy was she right. With the Facebook Phenomenon I can see how many people know each other. Nothing can be kept a secret these days!! AND it is so easy to find out information on people with just a few clicks of the mouse...i was able to find some personal information of a few people, just based on their status comments on facebook!!(as an example of how careful you have to be!!!)

Mom used to tell me to wear a hat because it was cold...i would never wear a hat in the winter-it just wasn't cool...now i would never go out without one on a cold day!!
and of course there are the times when she would say "take an umbrella" and sure enough it would rain!!!
Moms are a lot smarter than teens give them credit for...and now that i'm a mom i can say IT's True!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...