Saturday 4 August 2007

a few fashion mistakes more than a few people make


photo taken from www.cartoonstock.com

I am not a fashion goddess, nor do I pretend to be BUT I do feel that i have a decent sense of style and I know what looks good, what is appropriate and what definitely looks bad.
Lately I have been noticing fashion more often than I had in past, this could be for a variety of reasons but mostly i think it's due to the fact that I'll be returning to the work force really soon and will need to get dressed in more than just sweats and t-shirts.

These are some things I have noticed which really bother me...

1) wearing clothes that show your bra. Bras are meant for under your shirt and really shouldn't be exposed. If you need to wear a bra under a tank top or with a spaghetti strap dress, wear a strapless bra PLEASE!!!
2) wearing running shoes for things other than running. These shoes are just plain ugly unless they are at the gym or being worn for the purpose they were intended.
3) showing way too much cleavage. This is a BIG no no for me. I hate having to avert my eyes away from other woman's breasts(and it's really hard not to stare ). Please cover up the girls. If you have to wear a lower cut top than please put a tank top or camisole under your shirt so your girls aren't hanging out!! Night club wear is excluded...
4) wearing pants that show your underwear. The style of lower rise pants seems to be dying down a bit-thank g-d- but for a while there it was nearly impossible to go a day without spying the top of women's panties. i don't need to know if you are a thong, brief or tanga wearer (although it is interesting to see if your underwear choice matches your personality type)
5) message t-shirts. They used to be cute- back in the early 90's and also on teenagers. Grown women shouldn't wear them (unless they are home cleaning the house or in the garden)
6) short shorts on anyone other than an Olympic runner...they are usually just plain wrong and everyone really doesn't need to see all that they reveal- shorts that are riding up between your legs when you're walking just can't be comfortable.
7) a pregnant belly hanging out under a tight t-shirt. I know Rachel on friends made this trend popular a few years ago but not all trends look right Do they???
8) wearing trends just because they are trends- doesn't mean they look good!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 pm

    Great list!

    Unfortunately, for larger breasted girls, cleavage is hard to avoid. High necked tops look awful on large breasts (unless they are very perky) and make them look like they hang even more than they do. Lower tops, like V necks and scoop necks look better. Of course, any top that will fit over large breasts needs to be a stretchy material. So, even if I start the day off cleavage free...often by mid-day my top (and yes, the tank top under it as well) has stretched out from wear and the girls are peeking out. I try to avoid it...but there are few tops out there that fit large breasts fltteringly and are made of a material strong enough to not stretch out over the course of the day.

    Not saying cleavage for daywear is a good thing...just that it is not so much (for me anyways) that I like or want it, just that...it kinda happens when your are sporting F's. I have several friends who, like me, always seem to start the day off cleavage free and end it with an eye-full! Of coruse, when I know I am gonna be seeing a lot of people on a certain day (especially teenage boys) I will go out of my way to wear an unflattering high neck t-shirt...but no way I am gonna do that every day, and certainly not to go out with friends! I am pretty sure looking like I have breasts to my belly button looks no better than a little cleavage anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true about what you mentioned but some women take the cleavage thing to the point that their aerola is showing and THAT is just plain uncomfortable to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 am

    Yeah, that is a little much...I don't think I am EVER there, even for an evening out. Of course, I don't think women who have that much cleavage care who looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a friend at work who just sews a piece of material or lace into her lower cut tops to avoid cleavage. That way she doesn't get too hot because of an extra layer and she doesn't show off her goods. I think it's brilliant and think i'll try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:00 am

    Nah, I have no interest in doing that. It is a good idea, too much effort, and I am nto a great sewer. As well, when I do put tanks under my tops-I like to pick the colour/material base don what else I am wearing or what look I am going for. I am just not so worried about it, I guess. God or nature or whatever gave me big breasts (they are big even when I am at my thinnest) and there is a limit to how much effort I am going to go to try and hide them. I try not to be obscene, but I am not modest enough to bother with sewing little peices of fabric into every V-neck I buy. I have other things I'd rather do with my time.

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...