Wednesday 12 March 2008

it's a love hate thing...

I love Toronto. I can't imagine living in any other city long term. Sure we talk about how much easier life would be if we moved to a small place with cheaper real estate and slower pace of life, but i doubt we could ever actually do it (and kudos to those who have/can done it...just not for us).
With all the amazing things about Toronto, the restaurants, theaters, cultural neighborhoods etc there is one thing i can't stand...PAYING FOR PARKING. I hate hate hate having to pay for parking. It just seems as though there are fewer areas where one can actually park for free. Government wants to encourage people to take public transit but they don't expand the system enough and those areas where the subway does reach you must pay an arm and a leg to park in order to leave your car and take "the better way".
The other day i went somewhere and had to park for 1.5 hours...$7 later and i was able to get home again ARGH...had i been able to get to my car about 5 minutes faster then i would have saved $1.75 as i was dinged for the next .5 hours...it's pay per 1/2 hour and any part there of...
i know that places like New York City have even crazier parking situations than we do but it still peeves me that one must pay for parking in a RESIDENTIAL neighborhood. They have built so many condos in business areas that now one must pay to visit friends who live in these neighborhoods...they don't even have visitor parking as these spots would likely be taken by people working the area rather than for their intended use...
anyway that is my parking rant for today...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 pm

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you! I was in Toronto Sunday night/Monday morning and had to pay for parking! Grrrrrrr! Had to accompany my folks on their doctor's appointments. What fun. Not!

    I do agree with you about Toronto having so many great things to offer. I miss the restaurants, theaters, art, music, shopping, etc. That's okay though...at least now I get to do catch up on those things next time I visit you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Dina! My sister lives down near Chinatown, and their parking rules are NUTS!!! There's NO parking on her street without a permit until after 7pm. I wish I had the option to pay at least; to park when we visit we have to go around the block... and pay the meters there!
    I read recently too that even if a meter's broken, you're not off the hook if you get a ticket. Moneygrubbing gov't!
    You don't want to know how much I had to pay for parking downtown for our little 3 day mini-vacation... gulp!!
    BTW, it was great seeing you yesterday; you look fantastic, just glowing!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...