Tuesday 25 March 2008

sometimes...quality pays!!

After 15 years my beloved Revlon hairdryer decided to say it's final goodbyes a few weeks ago. I had bought that dryer at Shoppers Drug Mart when i was in 2nd year university. It saw me through graduation, my short hair fase, moving overseas (and yes it did come with me) moving out on my own, long hair again, getting married, having a baby and too many others to mention...
I was mid-blowdry when hubby walked in and noticed something smoking, flames coming out only inches from my head-how i didn't notice i am still not sure...but that scene started my search for a new hairdryer. Luckily i had just washed my hair so i had a few days grace before i NEEDED to get myself over to a beauty supply outlet store...(i only wash my hair once every 3 days to avoid drying it out and damaging it)
I researched a bit and shopped around before making the best purchse ever!! I got myself a Bablyiss red ceramic dryer. This thing is the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. I always thought i needed to use my chi iron everyday to flatten out my puffy hair-what i didn't know was my puffy hair was a direct result of an old, crappy hairdryer! No product or styling aid has done the things to my hair like this amazing dryer. I have been getting compliments on my hair from my coworkers for days now...i keep telling them it's the new dryer!
i just hope this dryer last me 15 years like my last one did!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for the new hairdryer! Can't wait to see photos of your hair apres drying with the new hairdryer!

    Wow! Scary that there was smoke (and flames!!!) coming out of the old dryer!

    You are so right. Quality does pay :)

    Totally diggin' your blog posts, D! Looking forward to reading more :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 am

    OOH I have never tried using a REALLY good blow-dryer, maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so far i've been really really happy with it. I am pretty sure it's the dryer...but of course i also just had a trim and color so it is in better condition to start with...plus it wasn't super $$$ (i paid $90 but there were some dryers there for $150+...)
    you can try it if you like and then compare :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44 am

    I'll have to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...