Wednesday 5 March 2008

Good bye old friend

After 8 years it was time to say good-bye to a dear old friend. She just wasn't giving me what I needed anymore and our friendship was becoming more strained and stressful with each passing day. When we were first introduced we got along really well. She was so reliable and I could count on her without an issue. Her and I took many trips together. We went camping, to Montreal and even to Niagara Falls.
Unfortunately my 1997 Cavalier wasn't able to survive another winter. She just gave up the fight and we had her towed away on Monday evening. How sad to see her last triumph out of the garage hooked up to a big tow truck. We couldn't even have one last trip together before our final goodbye. It feels strange to be attached to a big hunk of metal but after so many years together I can't help feeling a little emotional and sad. She was the first car i'd ever bought with my own money. Getting her was the start of my freedom as an independant adult.
BUT on the bright side....i got a brand new car. A pretty Khaki colored Jeep Compass. I'm sure this new friend and I will have many good times together. We're already planning trips to the wild north to visit friends, camping and other trips during the summer.
To my new friend: we look forward to spending many years with you- we promise to treat you well and hope you do the same!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new wheels Dina! I know, it's tough giving up that first vehicle... I passed mine on to my brother before it choked. Then again, the Topaz was never the best car,and certainly not much of a looker LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen!!
    oh i used to drive a Tempo when i was in high school/university (it was my folks)...that car was SOO reliable- it finaly died after 250,000+ km on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 pm

    I also had a Tempo in University, I loved it!

    Congrats on your new car, use it well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!! LOL! You had me worried as I was reading! I read the "we went camping, to Montreal" bit and thought, "Oh! Dina! Are we over??? Please say it isn't so!" LOL! PHEW! I was relieved to see that it was the Cavalier and not me! I have no idea why I thought it was me! LOL! Anyway, I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a companion that's been there for you for a long time. I may have to say goodbye to my trusty 'ol Ford this summer :(

    Yay to your new car though! Can't wait to see it!!! May you have many, many exciting new adventures together!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...