Tuesday 22 September 2009

"Car-Free day"

Today is supposed to be Car-Free-Day. I don't think that many people observed this attempt at being environmental. I didn't. I would have, i really would have BUT Toronto, being the "world-class" city that it is does not have a transit system that allows for people living the burbs, working in other burbs to take transit in a reasonable amount of time. For me to get to work by transit it requires taking 2 busses, 2 subways and then another bus...a route that would probably take me 90 minutes, to drive it takes me 40-50 minutes (in traffic-20-30 with none)
If the higher-ups really want people to observe things like car-free days and take public transit days than they have to get with the program and start building better, more widespread subway lines. Sure these things cost money but so does paying the city-counsellors and other government officials 6 figure incomes when really they deserve IMO 1/2 of what they are paid!

What can we do to make those in charge aware of our serious discontent with the system??? Any suggestions???
(this post was started days and days ago but I am only just getting around to finishing it today Oct 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...