Thursday 1 October 2009

finally

after using the same bedroom set my parents bought me for the my 13th birthday for YEARS...we finally decided it was time to invest in new furniture. It was a hard choice and we looked at tonnes and tonnes of sets. We finally decided on a traditional set that will last us forever and will never go out of style-and even if it does OH WELL!!
I also decided that I was going to get proper bedding to go along with our new "adult" set...i loved it in the store but am not so sure I love it anymore...it is kind of shiny and hot, plus i'm finding that little things snag on it UGH!!

5 comments:

  1. Lurker here - love the furniture.

    To combat the shininess of the bedding (I agree, it is a bit bright) try this:

    1) Fold the comforter down in thirds so it only covers the bottom third of the bed, but still hangs down over both sides.

    2) Buy a plain white or cream or dark brown (the colour of the wood) coverlet and use that as a blanket under the comforter, covering the whole bed. It is not so hot (they are usually 100% cotton), but you can pull the comforter up when it is really cold if you need it.

    3)Add a small throw pillow the same colour as the coverlet to tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 pm

    ooh, i love the set...and eileen's advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Shiny and hot" for some reason that made me giggle, but I'm so mature that way LOL!

    I love the bedroom set, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. karen- i even edited it from something else..that would hve made you giggle even more!

    I agree with Eileen's advice too and will try it soon...only i imagine that it would work once and then lack of time in the morning would leave me feeling frustrated that i couldn't find a simpler solution!
    Jill- if you're looking for new sets- Arrow is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE the new bed!! It's gorrrrrgeous!! I agree with Eileen's advice too!

    LOL @ Karen! Oh, you feisty little vixen! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...