Friday 16 October 2009

trend or foe

I love looking at what people are wearing. I especially like to see how some people pull off certain trends and how some people shouldn't attempt them.

There are a few trends out there now that I'm not sure about.

1. The over the knee boot. Sometimes really cool, funky and classy-most times really trashy and hookerish. Kate Moss is super skinny and they just look like sticks on her legs-ugh! (image is not mine Obviously)

















2. The long cardigan. I love sweaters. LOVE THEM. but i'm not sure they are really that flattering. They really have to worn with caution as they could cause one to look really bulky and kind of larger than they really are. The super long ones don't really flatter the shorter woman and at 5'4" I would consider myself on the short end of the spectrum. This one is super pretty but i imagine that combining the length with the ruffles would be real overkill and really unflattering! Too bad!




3. The kerchief tie sweater. They can be pretty but they can't be worn that easily. If they are tied up they look silly, but it they are hanging wrong they can look even sillier. AND they have started showing up in every store out there, so young girls, old women and teenagers alike have been wearing them.I think it's overkill and next year they are going to be "so last year




1 comment:

  1. I like those long sweater looks too, but they're incredibly hard to really look good, especially the ones that don't button - just swing around. Not too practical either. And the boots, I used to have over the knee decades ago, when I didn't have osteoarthritis (I kid, hopefully I don't!).. my knees wouldn't fit in them again anyway.

    Gah, it sucks to get old:)!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...