Monday 11 January 2010

results:week one

Not as much a weight loss as I would have hoped for. I expected my first week to blast me from 22 points a day downt o 20 or even lower....well no such luck. My weight loss for the week was only .6 pounds. I really hoped for at least 1 pound weight loss! But what can I do now? Only work harder and work out more diligently this week.
I also know where I went wrong...here are a few things I learned during my first week.

First- look BEFORE you leap!! I had a few surprises after eating/drinking something and then checking the points value. My beloved double double coffee equals a whopping 4 points!! Who knew that double cream and double sugar pumps up the calarie and fat intake of coffee from 0 to 275 calories and 12 grams of fat!! YUCKYYYY. I have been able to stop drinking DD but not given up coffee altogether. I have replaced the cream with milk and use it towards my dairy servings for the day. The calories are now down to 150 and 2 grams of fat. Not bad.(but not as tastey!!!)
TRY not to eat after dinner. This is big one for me. I used to find that after getting the kids to bed and doing a few chores around the house I craved something...so i would sit and eat chocolate chips out of the bag, crackers or pita bread with hummos...unlimited quantities and right before bed too. Now I just keep myself occupied and keep a glass of water in my hand. If I'm really craving something I'll have a few craisons or a glass of diet pop. So far I haven't seen the results in weight loss but I think it will happen eventually. I also wake up feeling hungry which I think is a good thing.
EAT BREAKFAST. I'm finding that eating a decent breakfast like oatmeal made with milk or a high fibre cereal is much more satisfying that toast with butter or peanut butter. It keeps me full for longer and I don't crave an early morning snack at 8 or 9 am. (i usually eat breakfast at 6:30/45)
I've taken the "challenge yourself" part of the program to heart. Each morning I have been trying to take the stairs at work. My office is on the 5th floor so I am huffing and puffing by the time I get there but hope after a few more weeks my stamina will have improved greatly! I also think about working out and actually do it. I was waking at 5am to do my 45 minute elliptical training before work but found after 3 weeks that I just couldn't do it anymore so now I get on that machine at 9pm and "just do it!!" Watching shows like the Biggest Loser and X-Weighted while working out really helps the motivation factor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...