Wednesday 20 January 2010

Week Three Weigh In

I was much happier this week with my weight loss results. My Monday weigh-in resulted in proof that I lost 2.8 pounds last week. I attribute this to a few factors, first I started taking the stairs up to my 5th floor office each morning, second, I cut out my double double coffee, and lastly i have been making much smarter food choices each day. I no longer buy food at the food court. I had been doing the mall food court 1-2 times per week but now I always brown bag it. I can control what and how much I'm eating much easier that way. I bring a huge salad with me almost every day, then I throw in a cup of chickpeas, 1/2 a chicken breast or a can of flavoured tuna. It is a complete meal-so healthy and yummy too. I do mix it up a little by changing the dressings or using spinach instead of salad greens. On the days I don't do the salad thing I like to bring home made soup (always vegetarian-sometimes barley, sometimes cabbage) and a hard boiled egg along with a big container of raw veg- i was eating TONNES of baby carrots but now i've been bringing cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and peppers- so easy and filling too!
One thing that really helps is cutting up a bunch of vegi's on Sunday evening and just refilling my container each day-saves me time in the morning- and ensures i get in the vegi's i need.
I have really been watching how much fruit i eat. Fruits are healthy but they do have calaries and therefore higher points value than vegetables. Instead of an apple, banana AND an orange, i just eat one fruit a day-usually at morning break.
I am slowly getting in the habit of tracking dinner too. this is something I have been having trouble with but I usually have a pretty good idea of how much i've had during the day in order not to go over too much...and there is always activity points earned to help balance out any over eating!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome D! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I on the other hand gained 2 lbs. last week. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'll see how it goes this week. i am pretty sure i'm up a bit...i had a horrible time tracking this week for some reason...well today is a new day and i will try to keep on track and to track better this time!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...