Wednesday 3 February 2010

an old love comes back in the picture

I suddenly remember why i used to love exercising! Many years ago, before kids, before marriage and before I had even met my hubby I used to spend hours a day at the gym. I just loved it, working out was fun, it was something to do and it gave me such a high...then marriage, kids and other responsibilities got in the way and going to they gym became such a chore. Now I no longer go to a gym as I really don't have the time to travel there and back but I have been working out at home and I really enjoy it. Really. It is so much fun and I love to challenge myself. Each day I try to up the speed a little or increase my time on the elliptical just a few minutes. Last night I set it for 30 minutes and watched The Biggest Loser while exercising. I then continued the exercise as the show wasn't over, before I realized it it was 50 minutes on the machine! I was zonked out and really happy that my legs weren't feeling the burn at that point (although I did feel it this morning while walking the 15 minutes from my car to the office)
I just have to get my ass off the couch and get on the elliptical more than 2-3 times per week! I can't use the I'm too tired excuse too often or else my old habits will resume and i'll get out of the exercising regimine again.
BTW- i'm now down 5 pounds since Jan 4!!! whoot whoot! only another 30 to go!!

2 comments:

  1. wtg!!! i like exercising too, once i get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how our attitudes change once we actually get over the mental slump! although i was way too tired last night to do a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...