Tuesday 18 May 2010

what's old is new again

As i've mentioned before, i have been holding on to a BIG huge box of old, much smaller clothing in the hopes that one day I'd fit into them again. Well that day has finally come (well for some of it-some is still too small and will likely never fit again)
I pulled out a few pairs (okay 10 pairs) of pants that I really wanted to wear again AND today I am!! I bought these black casuals pants in the summer of 2003 (that is the same summer I met my Hubby!!) and have not worn them since around 2004- they are fairly newish in that respect! and unlike my old jeans which i now really dislike, these pants are awesome!!! I am not usually into hanging onto old clothes but for some reason I just couldn't donate these pants (and the 9 other pairs) so now I have a whole new wardrobe for summer :)
The one thing that doesn't fit and I would really really love to wear again is the LBD I wore to our engagement party- i can put it on and I can even zip it up but it is really way tighter than it is supposed to be as I'm sure that my weight distribution really changed after 6 years and 2 babies!! (and getting closer to 40 than 30 probably has something to do with it too!!)
Even though I gained at my last weigh in (.6 pounds) I can still fit into my "new" pants and am happy with that!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 pm

    Well done. Isn't it great to fit back into old clothes? Much of my smaller clothes I wouldn't want to wear anyways...but I do now fit into two cute sundresses from my honeymoon! I keep all my too small clothes (unless they are ugly, ruined, etc...), but my too big stuff gets given away the minute it is too big...I figure if I need bigger clothes ever again, needing to pay for it and go back to looking for the bigger sizes is my punishment for not being more diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i'm planning on donating my really big stuff (although most of it isn't crazy big on me and I can get away with wearing-as long as i wear a belt) I will keep my 2 or 3 fave jeans to wear on those days when i'm feeling kind of blah!
    I wish I'd kept my really cute bras-i had tonnes of them!! Now i have to make do with what i have (big or not)

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...