Thursday 20 May 2010

a walk down memory lane

Just recently I started thinking back to the days I spent as an Engrish teacher in Korea. I never loved the teaching much but the food left a permanent mark on my heart. I just adore delicious Kimchi and almost all the chigae's (soups/stews). I can't walk past a Korean BBQ restaurant without my mouth watering!
But for some strange reason the thing I have been missing most about the food are those crazy, unhealthy, super duper delish fried egg sandwiches. It was like heaven to scarf down one or two of these after a night of drinking soju kettles at Polly's. I wonder if I could stomach one of those nowadays?!?!
One day when i'm feeling like really cheating on my WW plan I'm going to attempt to make one of those bready, eggy,buttery delicacies!
Another thing I have been craving recently is that "fish on a stick" i can't remember what it is called. but boy was it gooood!!! i thing it is odeng or udan or something along those lines. It is also mixed in with Tuk Boki occassionally and that is also something I could definitely have one day soon-- spicy yummy rice cake goodness!
Years ago someone bought me a korean cookbook and i have never once used it. Maybe i'll dig it out and try my hand at some of those foods I loved so much!

2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget that first time you took me to a Korean restaurant. The food was soooooooo good, but sooooooo spicy!!! LOL! I remember feeling gross because I was thoroughly enjoying the food, but I was sweating up a storm! LOL! Miss you! XO

    LOL! Word verification is "ingeesto". As in "I cannot ingeesto spicy foodo!" :) Okay, that was bad Engrish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol christine- too funny!!
    i can't eat that super spicy food anymore or i'm sick for hours afterwards! Who knew i used to be able to eat hot peppers dipped in hot pepper sauce!
    Gav and I are going for a date night Sunday- maybe we'll try Korean food again- we went recently but i ordered the wrong thing and didn't get enjoy my experience as much as i would have liked :)
    I just found out a friend at work is part Korean and she brought me in a container of kimchee

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...