Friday 14 May 2010

summer is coming

well at least it is coming in theory anyway. As it stands right now the weather is too cold and damp to even conceive of summer being here soon. BUT we are still making plans! I booked 2 seperate weeks off and we have been trying to decide on what to do for our first week. The first choice was rent a cottage for a few days with another family. We did this last year and had fun for the most part- the only problem was the cottage we rented was so old and dirty we actually decided to leave after 2 nights instead of staying the planned 3! We looked into renting one at this same cottage resort again but since all the old cottages were torn down and replaced with nice new luxery ones they are all booked up. Our second choice for the week is going to Great Wolf Lodge. I think that would be great fun. Not so sure it is appropriate for my will be 2 year old but the other kids would love it i'm sure! Seems that we will run into lots of people there as 1/2 of the "hood" goes there on any given weekend! We'll have to decide pretty soon!
My second week off is later in the summer and just to be nice, i'm going to give hubby a break from me and the kids by taking a road trip with Dani and her 2 kiddos to visit Chrissy. The 3 of us used to live together back in our 20's and it will be an interesting reunion. Now that we have hubby's and kids of our own I'm pretty sure the focus of our visit won't be sitting around with Smirnoff Ice but rather chocolate milks in sippy cups! I'm pretty excited for the visit but am having a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we are going to be in a minivan with 4 yes FOUR kids under the age of 5. The thought actually gives me a headache but hopefully they will all entertain themselves and having more kids than normal will be a blessing! Thank goodness Dani has a built in DVD player in her car!



Looking forward on both occassions to building wonderful memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...