Wednesday 5 May 2010

Update

It has been a while since my last post. Life just seems to get in the way of my blogging sometimes!
The past few weeks have been hectic and chaotic, filled with too much drama for one person/family to handle. We had some family drama/uproar which took a toll on both hubby and me, then some sad news about the death of a friend which has been on my mind since. Luckily the uproar has settled as everyone has realized what is important in life and we need to focus on that rather than silly things.
In spite of all the drama I have managed to stay on track regarding my health plan and weight loss journey. I am really super close to my goal which i finally set at 140 pounds. This weight will not make me "skinny" but a healthy, not obese woman. I cannot imagine being able to maintain a weight of less than 140 pounds. I had wanted to reach my wedding day weight of 135 but have to stay realistic so 140 it is!! Amazing that at 37 years old 5 pounds can make such a huge difference! I have the eating well plan down pat but the regular exercise is still a bit of a struggle. I have been going to zumba once a week which is awesome and I take the stairs up to my 5th floor office at least 3 times per day BUT I need to workout more often and more vigourously still. Once i get a routine for working out in I think I'll get to my goal more easily and also maintain this weight as well.
As a joke or something I decided to try on the capri jeans I've been saving since my honeymoon. They fit. But after being my absolute favourite for YEARS (i bought them in 2001 and wore them last on my honeymoon in 2004) I now HATE them. They are ugly. The colour is all wrong, the cut outdated and now I can safely put them in the bag of clothes i'm going to be donating shortly to Goodwill! I wonder if this is going to happen to all the jeans/clothes i've been saving for the past 5 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...