Wednesday 7 July 2010

Amazing

who knew what fish, chips and a little food poisoning could do for ones weight.... while on our road trip to visit Chrissy we ate a lot of junk...A LOT! We stopped at McDonalds on the way for lunch and while my son wouldn't touch the hamburger i bought him and my daughter only ate a few fries I finished off those fries and even had a bite or two of the hamburger (which was really disgusting IMO-as a side note- the guy in front of me in line got one for his dog-said he'd never eat one himself) Then we had pizza for dinner one night- 3 peices later- even if it wasn't the best pizza around- i just couldn't stop myself and the topper of it all was the huge pile of fish and chips we got for lunch one day. They were the traditional British style ones wrapped in newspaper and all... my son wouldn't touch his and daughter again only wanted the fries, I finished them off- because there was nothing healthy on the menu for me to eat- so even though I only ordered the children's size portion it was HUGE and definitely enough grease to give a 300 pound man a heart attack! (although it was really tastey- irresistable actually) So after that eating fest I thought I'd better get on the elliptical pronto- and did 45 minutes which felt really great- and then 30 minutes running slowing on the treadmill the next day.
Then in Niagara Falls we did pretty well on finding healthy options, even at Mandarin Buffet we did well but somehow my son and I managed to get food poisoning from some watermelon I had brought with us...it completely emptied me out and the little guy too for that matter...
anyway to get to my point...Last night I went to my weekly weigh in and was DOWN 3.8 pounds!! In ONE week!!! I was in complete shock - and that is the most I've lost in one week since i started on Weight Watchers!!! Now my issue is that I am UNDER my goal weight. Crazy as that sounds- in order to make it to lifetime and keep it, one can't be more than 2 pounds over or above goal weight to maintain lifetime status...so now my goal is to GAIN one pound and stay there for the next 3 weeks...oy vey- never imagined this would be my predicament!! I actually think it might be harder than I thought to maintain my weight without fluctuating too much up or down!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:31 pm

    Oh you'll be fine. You cannot expect to keep off every pound you lose after a bout with food poisoning. Hopefully when you recover, you'll be right where you should be!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...