Sunday 25 July 2010

On A Search...

for spiritual guidance.

Recently I attended the funeral of a co-worker who passed away very unexpectedly. She was healthy one day and sick the next, then after a 2 week stay in hospital she was gone. I went to her funeral really not knowing what to expect. I had never been to a non-Jewish funeral and had never experienced any service with a gospel background of any kind.
I was in complete and utter awe. The family of my co-worker was so strong and so inspiring. They spoke with such truth and compassion about their loved one but they also thanked g-d and their lord with such deep rooted belief for allowing her to do her work in the afterlife. They truely believe that she is now performing her duties to g-d in her next life. They thanked g-d for lending her to them for the 40 years she was on this earth but were not angry and resentful at g-d in any way. I was so amazed by this, I realized that this is what I've been missing in my life. Spiritual guidance and unaffected belief in g-d. I am now searching for a place where I will gain a trust and deep belief in my g-d and find a community to become a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...