Friday 30 December 2011

New Year, New you...

or really new me! I resolved 2 years ago to lose 30 pounds. I did it. It wasn't easy but through following Weight Watchers, attending meetings and keeping control of my eating I was able to obtain my goal. It took me 6 months to get there.  I have kept the weight off for the most part- I am about 3 pounds over my ideal weight. I am now resolving to fit exercise into my lifestyle more regularly as well. I have started recently by joining a zumba class at a local community centre. The class is at a great time for me since it doesn't start till 8:30 and I can go after my kids have gone to bed. Unfortunately that is the only class around that I can find which starts at that time. But I also bought a Jillian Michaels workout for the Wii. I haven't  opened it yet but I plan to start that program soon. I also resolve to only watch TV once I have worked out. I plan to no longer make TV my first priority, it should be a secondary priority  once the exercise is done- or maybe even a third, after exercise, cleaning the house, then TV!! (but i have to be realistic, no?!!)
I hope that by putting this out there I now have some accountability and will be able to stick to my plan.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 pm

    I spin Monday and Wednesday nights at 8:30. Not cheap...but if it the time works for you, it may be worth it, and there are often deals there to take advantage of!

    I also have my elliptical in front of the TV I watch the most (our bedroom). It is not really great for space...I have to stand on it to get into my closet, but it is worth it because it is nearly impossible for me to watch TV now without hopping on...especially on days I haven't exercised otherwise.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 pm

    Oh, I also keep hand-weights by the TV...for days I have already done cardio. Weight training is something I am not good at fitting in, but keeping them there has helped motivate me to do it. I really want to tone my upper body to match my runners/spinners lower body!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...