Thursday 5 January 2012

A typical eating day

At the request of a reader I'll share a typical eating day for me. This is a basic plan with some variations daily.

Breakfast

1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1/3 cup bran buds
1 banana

or

1/2 cup oatmeal made with 1 c skim milk and 3 tablespoons sugar free syrup
banana


coffee with 1/4 c skim milk and 1 sweetener

Lunch

2 cups spinach and arugula
1/2 c pepper (either green or orange)
1/2 c cucumber
1 diced tomato or 10 grape cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons low fat blue cheese dressing or Italian herb dressing

and either 1/2 avocado or 3 oz diced chicken or 1 can tuna

Snack

I try to control what I snack on during the day. I am supposed to eat 2 servings of low fat dairy a day so I will often eat 2 triangles of Laughing Cow Light cheese or I eat 6 almonds and 6 dried apricot halves.

Dinner
Here is where the most variations occur. I normally just eat what the family eats as I keep my points low during the day. If I am serving pasta than I substitute it with spaghetti squash and if I'm doing a stir fry I make sure to measure out 1/2 cup rice rather than just piling rice on my plate. I also add vegetables in the form of a salad or steamed if the main dish isn't veg based. If I am giving the kids fish sticks I will make real fish for hubby and me. (usually tilapia or another white fish- although salmon is very healthy it is quite high in points)
I also drink a tonne of water. On WW the recommended water consumption is 6 glasses per day. I try to drink between 10-12 cups per day. It works okay for me as I do have a desk job and can run to the WC whenever I need to go! Not really feasable for a lot of people though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
    sounds quite controlled!!! The key to success!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...