Friday 20 January 2012

The Unintentional Vegetarian

This past week we ate all vegetarian meals. There was no real plan to do this but it just worked out that way. I loved it. I feel so clean and lean after eating no meat all week. I'm not sure hubby is happy about it or if he has actually noticed. He hasn't said anything.
I hope to incorporate more vegetarian meals into our weekly rotation but need to do some planning ahead of time to get there.
So here were our dinners for the week..
Monday- vegetable soup with rice. (I did hear a lot of complaints about this meal but as time is an issue on Mondays it was "eat it or go hungry" They chose to go hungry.
Tuesday- spaghetti with tomato sauce (sauce has to be smooth with NO lumps or kids won't eat it!)
Wednesday- over easy eggs on English muffins with cheese for the adults and cereal for the kids ( since we need to get out of the house by 6:10 for lessons-this type of meal will likely have to do for most Wednesdays for the next couple of months!)
Thursday- tofu stir with vermicelli noodles (i finally figured out something to do with those noodles!! I was pleasantly surprised that the kids actually ate them!)
Friday- tonight I'm not sure what we'll be eating but I have a feeling it won't be vegetarian- hubby is responsible for dinner Fridays and this usually involves a roasted chicken from Sobey's (okay not usually- ALWAYS) and some kind of side dish. I  also have chicken soup in already made that I'll serve with noodles.
Weekends are never planned ... we'll see what I can come up to continue with the vegetarian trend.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! We do a lot of vegetarian meals in our household too. Love it! This said, with an iron deficiency and a 3 year old who needs some meat, we do eat meat in moderation as well. I love all your recipes. You're such an awesome cook!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...