Friday 7 July 2006

it's been a long while since i last posted but circumstance has not allowed me as much time lately as i used to have :)
anyway I thought I"d write a quick note on how shocked i've been about the the whole "mommy"culture...who knew there were such things as Lactation Consultants and that they charge big bucks for their services, or that there are a million different types of breast pumps on the market, or that you can get tonnes of different bouncy chairs...more models than car makes in some cases...boy if you want to spend $$ in the blink of an eye, have a baby and you can spend spend spend, all before baby even reaches one month old!!
Thank goodness for generous grandparents and income top-ups!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dina! I am sooooooooooo happy for you and Gavin! Elie is adorable!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, babies sure can cost a bundle. They don't have to though.

    I got really caught up in buying everything for Zoë, and ended up not using most of it much if at all!!!

    I would get a sense of what Elie likes before getting too much baby gear...for example if he is a not a baby who is easy to put down, invest in a good carrier over swings, bouncy chairs and exersaucers!!!

    Also take advantage of hand me downs as much as possible (we have an exersaucer in the basement in think!). As much fun as it is getting the newest fanciest stuff, the baby does know the difference and none of it gets used for long.

    Don't forget to spend a little money on things that make you feel good too!!! A new purse, perhaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah we've been quite conservative with what we're buying him. So far we've received 4 YES FOUR, bouncy chairs as gifts- and have returned 3 of them...also not going to get him all those personalized blankets and too many new clothes- he uses mostly sleepers anyway...
    lucky for us we're the last of our friends to have babies so we've lucked out on getting stuff like pack n' plays, play mats and other stuff like that..yeah for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A personalized blanket is one thing I would reccommend. I had to lay Zoë on a blankets at lots of mommy and me type classes, and it was nice for everyone to know her name. It also looks great in pictures...and now that Zoë can read her name, she loves having things with her name on them and loves her Zoë blanket.

    That is one thing I am not sorry I spent money on...it has been so used, and is such a keepsake!!!

    I will order one for Elie if you'd like one (my treat)...I have a place I really like and get them for almost all the babies these days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...