Tuesday 6 February 2007

my new hair and EYEBROWS :)

i finally took the time- and really 3 hours is a long time- to have my hair done :)
I sat in that chair while Ricky the new stylist at the Ultimate Cut, coloured, washed, dried, highlighted, washed again, cut and finally blowdried my hair to perfection...it was a long process but oh so worth it!! I felt like a human again and low and behold NO MORE ROOTS!!! This woman really knows what she is doing and in my search for a great hair stylist/colorist I have finally found someone I would go back to more than once!!!
Congratulate me!!!
Yesterday I actually took the 5 minutes I needed to have my unruly eyebrows waxed...they had gotten completely out of control- again I would recommend Maryam at The Cut Above in the Promenade. She did a fantastic job, with very little pain, little time and complete honesty- i told her i wanted my brows shaped a little more and she didn't try to do the impossible but told me outright that i would need to continue coming back to her for a few times before I can get the shape i want. Since getting pregnant and having Elie my hair and my eyebrows have completely changed texture so it would be best to continue with the same women each time rather than trying someone new every time I go for pampering!!
anyway here are a couple of pics- the first one is of my new hair and old brows, the second one is my hair AND brows (not the best pics but better than the self portraits i had attempted ) :)))

9 comments:

  1. Looks great Dina! I love the highlights, they are not too subtle or too chunky.

    I always get my brows done at TCA, though I don't know the girl's name (it is always one of 2 girls). They are very good there, and take walk ins, and you cannot beat the $5 price!

    Elie is getting so big. What a gorgeous little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Dina!!! What a rockin' hot mama you are! :) Love the haircut and the brows!

    Little Elie looks adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls..
    Jill- yeah the price is awesome for waxing there and they do a better job than Trade Secrets (which is also $5!)
    Chrissy- i'm trying..don't want to turn into a sweat pants and running shoes wearing mom with no style...It's all about being a yummy mummy these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) You're doing a great job, D! For some reason, I can't picture you not looking good! Although, I know there must be days where you just want to wear sweats and a t-shirt all day! There are a lot of fashionable, comfortable clothes for moms out there now. Even the maternity clothes these days look so nice...as opposed to a few decades ago, where the clothes made women look so 'boxy' and shapeless! I remember when my mom was pregnant with PJ 21 years ago. Maternity clothes have definitely improved over the years! My SIL, Elisha, looks so cute in her maternity wear!

    I'm convinced that you are and will continue to be a Yummy Mummy (like Jill). Does that girl ever not look yummy?? I didn't think so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh believe me Chrissy, there are loads of days when i do wear sweats and t-shirts but i still try to put on a little makeup to makeup for the lack of fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina! You and baby both look beeeeeeeauuuuuutiful!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Yes, I think that sweats and t-shirts are very "functional". I think a woman can look good in them. My mom always said that "no matter what...at least put on some lip gloss and make sure your hair is presentable." I always thought she was really "old school" for telling me to never leave the house without make-up or being properly "groomed", but now I see where she's coming from. When you look good, you feel good (most of the time, anyway).

    You and Elie look great! He's such a cutie! I'm so amazed at how much he's grown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey D,
    I get my hair done at the Ultimate Cut as well. I got to Michelle who is great as well. I went and got my hair cut because I can't get my highlights done, but she did duch a great job that the highlights that are there look bright and not dull. The Ultimate Cut has some pretty good stylists and at a great price. Michelle told me that many moms loose hair and that the hair can change. You look great and the hair color suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Danielle! I have been to Michelle too-she is awsome!

    ReplyDelete

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...