Friday 20 November 2009

Barefoot

I haven't been reading as much as I would like these days. Work, family and lack of energy contribute to my VERY sedintary lifestyle these days. BUT I recently made a trip to the local library and picked up a few books to read. The first one I chose to read was Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand.
This is a story of three women who travel together to a beach cottage in Nantucket for the summer, each carrying their own set of troubles and baggage. First is Vicky who recently diagnosed with lung cancer needs a distraction while undergoing chemo, then is her sister Brenda who is young, attractive and recently fired from her job as a professor for having an affair with one of her students, then Vicky's best friend Melanie who found out she was pregnant after months of trying with the husband who has been cheating on her.
They meet Josh a young college student who takes the job of babysitting Vicky's kids all summer while dealing with his own secrets and struggles of growing up.
This book is definitely one I'd recommend, and I'd also suggest keeping a box of tissue close by because I certainly shed a few tears while reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review

I have struggled for years to get the smile I wanted. I have tried teeth whitening at a clinic, every type of toothpaste imaginable includin...